Say you have a set $\mathbb{R}^+$, (in other words the positive real numbers), how can one express a vector with $n$ elements out of it?

$\mathbb{R}^{+n}$ might by confusing and $\mathbb{R}^{n+}$ as well.

Is there a quite accepted notation for this?


2 Answers 2


If you use $\mathbb R^+$ for the set of positive real numbers, then you can use $(\mathbb R^+)^n$ for the corresponding set of vectors.


A different way to express $\mathbb{R}^+$ is $\mathbb{R}_{> 0}$, which

  1. removes any potential ambiguity about wheterh $0$ is included, and
  2. allows an exponent to be added without using parentheses.

So my preference would be $\mathbb{R}_{> 0}^n$.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .