I have this figure in a paper:

enter image description here

It depicts the group $\mathbb{Z}_v$ and subgroups $R=\langle r \rangle$, $C=\langle c \rangle$ and $RC=\langle r,c \rangle$.

Question: What should I call this diagram? Or, please complete this sentence: "These groups are depicted by the following [something]."

It's something like a partial subgroup lattice, or partial Hasse diagram, but this sounds clunky.

  • $\begingroup$ I don't think it sounds that clunky. And, clunky or not, I'd know what you meant. $\endgroup$ – James Feb 28 '14 at 6:47

In the end, we used the phrase:

These groups are depicted by the (partial) subgroup lattice:

in the publication (link). None of the referees thought it was a problem.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.