Consider the shape in the bottom right, which is the convex hull of 2 spheres with different radii.

It’s a conical frustum with round/sphere caps. I wonder if there is a shorter, more common name. I’ve started to call it a round cone, but that doesn’t feel quite right.

  • 7
    $\begingroup$ I know of no common name. Looks like a pestle to me. $\endgroup$ Apr 3 at 0:12


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .