I have few doubts regarding the independent events.
- I am aware that we can put mutually exclusive events on a Venn diagram showing that two events do not overlap. Can we draw Venn diagram for independent events? What it will look like?
- I am aware that
- P(E or F) = P(E) + P(F) - P(E and F)
- P(E or F) = P(E) + P(F) --- if E,F are mutually exclusive
- P(E and F) = P(E).P(F) --- if E,F are independent
- But what about P(E or F) --- when E,F are independent?
- Can independent events be mutually exclusive also and vice-versa? Please provide reason and example.