We have the following function. I'm trying to give this a functional name. Specifically what I'm looking for is a name to give $U_o$.

$U_o = \frac{(\Sigma (U_i * A_i))}{A}$ for $i = 1, n$

$U$ is a measure of resistivity ($U$-Value) of a window $A$ is the area of the window.

I understand the math. What I don't understand is what name to give it. "Total $U$-Value" and "Aggregate $U$-Value" don't feel correct.

  • $\begingroup$ Please clarify your specific problem or provide additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it's hard to tell exactly what you're asking. $\endgroup$
    – Community Bot
    May 24, 2022 at 16:34
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ This looks like a weighted average $\endgroup$ May 24, 2022 at 16:44
  • $\begingroup$ In layman's terms what is $U_o$? $\endgroup$
    – rh0dium
    May 24, 2022 at 16:48
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Arthur. I would call it Arthur. RIP George Harrison. (SCNR) $\endgroup$ May 24, 2022 at 16:50


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .