For any triangle $A$ (black below), form an enclosing triangle $B$ with sides perpendicular to $A$'s angle bisectors (red). Does this triangle $B$ (blue) have a name?


A nod to vonbrand's question: This came up in exploring geodesics on a tetrahedron. It would take me far afield to explain more fully.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Just curious: Where does this come up? $\endgroup$
    – vonbrand
    Jul 23 at 15:56

We could possibly call it the Anticevian triangle with respect to the incenter,

Edit: Using the above and google it seems it is called the Excentral triangle.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.