This question already has an answer here:
- Spivak Chapter 2, problems 27 (and 28) 2 answers
In a parallel universe when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon, he found it to be inhabited by a tribe of humanoids. He discovered that:
- they were all married
- the husbands of 10 of the wives were unfaithful
- Each wife knew whether or not any other wife's husband was a cheater, but did not know whether or not her own husband was a cheater
- No wife was allowed to tell any other wife that her husband was unfaithful or otherwise. Husbands also did not discuss this but otherwise gossip was gossip …
- If a wife discovered her husband was unfaithful she had to throw him out of the house and onto the street at precisely 10am the following day, where he would be visible to all others in the tribe.
Foolishly Neil informed the entire tribe at 11am on the day that he landed that at least one of the husbands was unfaithful. What happened next?