I recently came across this interesting game where I have combined several different types of base stations together to produce a certain amount of energy.
However, I believe there is a way of installing subsequent stations in a way that can exceed the predicted demand for energy. In other words, in what order should I purchase base stations henceforth in a way that will maximise the total energy production by the end of the game. 70% of total production is sent back to the grid while 30% I can use for personal gain.
I've guessed that this may be a linear programming problem but I'm not certain how to resolve it let alone formulate a function for it. Here are the details.
- Base station 1 produces 5 Kwh @ a cost of 150 per installation.
- Base station 2 produces 55 Kwh @ a cost of 1500 per installation.
- Base station 3 produces 277 Kwh @ a cost of 7500 per installation.
- Base station 4 produces 1430 Kwh @ a cost of 37500 per installation.
- Base station 5 produces 7230 Kwh @ a cost of 150000 per installation.
- Base station 6 produces 21925Kwh @ a cost of 375000 per installation.
Any help is much appreciated.