I've been looking at this for hours now, trying to solve it using the ellipse equation and looking at other questions here, unfortunately with no success.
Here is what I am trying to achieve:
- big axis of ellipse is parallel to x axis
- ellipse is tangent to x axis in origin (= point A)
- the position of point D
- the slope of the tangent to the ellipse in D
I am looking for:
- length of major axis of the ellipse (EF)
- length of minor axis of the ellipse (AG)
How would you approach this? I feel like there should be only one solution to this problem and that it is well defined, but I could not solve it...
Thanks a lot for your help