How much area in $m^2$ will $200 cm^3$ of oil cover if it forms a layer of $35mm$ thick?

i dont know what formula i will be using, my teacher never discussed this and i cant seem to find any on the internet, thanks.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ $h=0.35$ mm, and no matter what shape the oil takes, as long as its uniform in thickness, we can write $A \cdot h=V$ where $A$ is the area and $V = 200$ cm$^3$ is the volume. You need to be careful with the different units, but I'm sure you've been taught how to work with them $\endgroup$ – Yuriy S Jul 1 at 8:09
  • $\begingroup$ thank u so much for this. $\endgroup$ – Daimler Jul 1 at 9:23


  • For a cylinder or prism, volume is base area multiplied by height
  • This implies base area would be volume divided by height
  • These calculations are often easier if you use the same base unit throughout (except in the land of the acre-foot)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.