0
$\begingroup$

I have 2 individuals one making 177 the other making 415, what percentage of 27 should each pay to make it proportional to their incomes? I believe the setup is the following:

27(x)/177 = 27(y)/415
$\endgroup$
0
$\begingroup$

In total they are making 177 + 415 = 592

So one should pay 177/592 of the total (30%, or 8.10), and the other 415/592 (70%, 18.90).

$\endgroup$
0
$\begingroup$

The first person pays $$ \frac{177}{177 + 415} \times 27 . $$

$\endgroup$

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.