Is there any other method of integration besides the best known as:

  • Substitution,
  • Integration by parts,
  • Trigonometric,
  • Trigonometric Substitutions,
  • Partial Fractions,
  • Improper Integrals, and
  • Laplace?

Some method that is taught in doctorates etc...

  • $\begingroup$ The question is a bit broad. $\endgroup$ – copper.hat Mar 30 '19 at 0:28
  • $\begingroup$ You could read about "differentiating under the integral sign". See e.g. math.stackexchange.com/questions/2157226/…. $\endgroup$ – Minus One-Twelfth Mar 30 '19 at 0:29
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ If $$f(x) = \sum_{k=0}^{\infty}(-1)^k c_k x^{2k}$$ then $$\int_0^{\infty}f(x)dx = \frac{\pi}{2}c_{-\frac{1}{2}}$$ $\endgroup$ – Count Iblis Mar 30 '19 at 0:35
  • $\begingroup$ @CountIblis is that a special case of Ramanujan's master theorem? $\endgroup$ – clathratus Mar 30 '19 at 1:50
  • $\begingroup$ @clathratus Yes! $\endgroup$ – Count Iblis Mar 30 '19 at 4:32

Integration by differentiating under the integral, integration by residue theorem, integration by complexification etc. There are of course a large number of fields of which integration covers.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.