Suppose we want to find a polynomial whose splitting field is $\Bbb Q(\sqrt{2}, \sqrt{-3})$ over $\Bbb Q$. Then the following is how you'd do it right ?

We want to adjoin the roots $\alpha=\sqrt{2}, \beta=\sqrt{-3}$. so we could just say $(x^2-2)(x^2+3)=0$ and expanding the brackets gives the polynomial .

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Yes, that's exactly how I would do it. $\endgroup$ – Lord Shark the Unknown Mar 8 at 18:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.