I am new to mathematical modeling and having trouble modelling the following population growth scenario:
- Starting population: $100$ individuals
- Average age: $7$ years
- Assumption: population equally distributed among sexes and ages
- Females reproduce: once per year
- Average per litter: $6.5$ pubs
- Females pubs become sexually active after $1$ year
Question # 1: What will be population growth model for $7-10$ years and yearly growth rate? What kind of techniques and mathematical models can be used in this situation?
Question # 2: What if I want to model interaction with predators and how that will affect population growth?