Is there a name for $(A_i)_{i\in I}$ a family of subsets of $E$ such that the $A_i$'s don't intersect each other and the union of the $A_i$'s equals $E$?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ The title of your question sounds like a pretty good candidate for a name $\endgroup$
    – MPW
    Jan 23, 2019 at 22:28
  • $\begingroup$ I would prefer a quasi partition (at least in French) $\endgroup$
    – Colas
    Jan 23, 2019 at 22:29
  • $\begingroup$ What is a context? How adding some emptysets to a partition can be useful? $\endgroup$
    – Berci
    Jan 23, 2019 at 22:41
  • $\begingroup$ No particular context. $\endgroup$
    – Colas
    Jan 23, 2019 at 22:58
  • $\begingroup$ It is called a partition. If some of the sets are empty, ignore them. $\endgroup$ Jan 23, 2019 at 23:36


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .