What do we call function which satisfy

$$ f(x,y,t) \le \vert M(1+\vert x \vert +\vert y \vert)\vert \text{for all } t \ge 0 \text{and } x,y \in \mathbb{R} $$ (are they sublinear?)

and what about the functions? $$ \vert f(x_1,y_1,t)-f(x_2,y_2,t) \vert \le M(\vert x_1-x_2 \vert+\vert y_1-y_2\vert) \text{ for all } t\ge 0,x_1,y_1,x_2,y_2 \in \mathbb{R} $$ (I could say they were lipschitz if $y_1=y_2$)

and finally $$ \vert g(x_1,y_1,t)-g(x_2,y_2,t) \vert \le M(\sqrt{\vert x_1-x_2 \vert}+\sqrt{\vert y_1-y_2\vert)} \text{ for all } t\ge 0,x_1,y_1,x_2,y_2 \in \mathbb{R}\\ \text{Holder??} $$

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.