This tri-partite graph is a $K_{4,2}$ (blue) followed by another $K_{4,2}$ (red):

enter image description here

I used red and blue just because when I used blue both times, it might look like some of the leftmost vertices are connected to some of the rightmost ones, which isn't the case.

Do such graphs have a name such as $K_{4,2/4,2}$ or something?
The graph is definitely not random, there's a simple formula to make such a graph.

  • $\begingroup$ That's true, but it is a very special subgraph of K4,6K4,6: a tri-partite graph with a repeating pattern. My application isn't neural-networks, but this type of graph comes up enormously in neural networks: here's a "complete graph" version: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network#/media/… $\endgroup$ Dec 4, 2018 at 4:29
  • $\begingroup$ This answer claims that it's a subset of a graph called an "artificial neural network" although I've never seen seen a graph called that, especially outside of the context of neural netowrks (I'm not working in neural networks). Anyway, the thing I gave is a very specific graph, definitely not just a bunch random edges, so I hope someone might come up with something. $\endgroup$ Dec 4, 2018 at 4:43
  • $\begingroup$ Is someone perhaps able to move this to "artificial intelligence" or "cross-validated (machine learning)" if they think it would be appropriate? $\endgroup$ Dec 7, 2018 at 21:49


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.