I wish to take course in statistics for my graduate studies. However, only course I can take is mathematical statistics. The textbook for that course is All of statistics. I have some statistics courses, however they didn't required any mathematical background which I actually don't have.
I wish to take this course, however I don't think it is, at least for now, possible. So I decided to prepare myself for the course. I found so many textbooks recommendations which made me overwhelmed because I don't know where to start. I started with reading All of statistics, however immediately I realized I need another approach. So I've started with Introduction to mathematical reasoning and Calculus by Stewart. My issue: I don't have as much time for reading Calculus book.
- Take course in mathematical statistics.
- Even if you think it is kind of suicidal for someone without mathematical background to take mathematical statistics, I wish to find out some suggestion books/MOOC courses that might help me to come closer to it.
Statistics books I saw many recommendation for:
- Probability Theory: A Concise Course (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Y.A. Rozanov
- Mathematical Statistics with Applications by Wackerly
- Introduction to Mathematical Statistics by Hogg et al.
- Introduction to Probability by Blitzstein
- The Probability Tutoring Book: An Intuitive Course for Engineers and Scientists by Ash
I also saw recommendations put on this question: A path to truly understanding probability and statistics and The Best Books to Learn Probability.