I am currently looking for a method to find confidence intervals on a random variable which is a difference of random variables following two chi-2 distributions with the same degrees of freedom but muliplied by different factors. I read with interest the post Distribution of Difference of Chi-squared Variables on the same topic. In response, Sasha explained that the result is a "variance-gamma distribution". Does anyone have academic references to this?

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.