Here is capture of problem

That is what I saw while I was studying maximum ratio combining (MRC) in communication. It is probably very simple and stupid thing to ask. I guess it is Hermitian of a matrix but i am not sure.. Here is entire content: http://www.dsplog.com/2008/09/28/maximal-ratio-combining/


You are right in that it is the Hermitian transpose.

Essentially, it is the standard transpose of a matrix, except in addition to swapping row/column indices, you also take the complex conjugate of the entry:

$$ a^H_{ij} = \bar{a}_{ji}$$


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.