I was wondering if there is a formal name for a composite number that is produced by multiplying the first N primes.

Examples: 6 = 2 * 3

30 = 2 * 3 * 5

210 = 2 * 3 * 5 * 7


Almost like a factorial. Unfortunately the term "Factorial Prime" has a very different meaning.


They are called primorials.

To search for it, you could've gone to the OEIS and entered the first four of them. It's a handy tool for exactly this kind of thing.

  • $\begingroup$ Awesome, exactly what I was looking for :) Big help! Been searching for a couple hours on my own with no luck. I have to wait 12 minutes before I mark this as the answer unfortunately... $\endgroup$ – Ryan Pierce Williams Oct 23 '17 at 8:20
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks for the OEIS link, I will bookmark it for the future :) $\endgroup$ – Ryan Pierce Williams Oct 23 '17 at 8:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.