This question already has an answer here:

Let $E$ and $F$ be subsets of some set $S$, which may be finite or infinite. Suppose we are given a bijection $g\colon E\to F$. Is there an explicit way to construct from $g$ a bijection $h\colon S\setminus F\to S\setminus E$?

By explicit, I mean that it is not enough to show that $g$ exists (this is clear, since the cardinalities of $S\setminus F$ and $S\setminus E$ are equal).


marked as duplicate by Asaf Karagila cardinals May 9 '17 at 5:54

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 7
    $\begingroup$ The cardinalities of $S\setminus F$ and $S\setminus E$ may not be equal if $S$ is infinite. $\endgroup$ – Lord Shark the Unknown May 8 '17 at 18:37