Possible Duplicate:
Every even integer can be expressed as the difference of two primes?

there is one conjecture that I do not know what they are called. This is:

Every even number can be always written as the difference between two prime numbers. Could you please help me to know what it is called?



marked as duplicate by Graphth, Chris Eagle, Emily, ncmathsadist, tomasz Nov 1 '12 at 22:08

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Polignac's conjecture is what you want. It goes further, stating that there are infinately many prime gaps of size $n$ for every even integer $n$.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.