Let $\mathcal C,\mathcal D$ be two Abelian categories, and $T$ be a functor which satisfies

for any objects $A,B$ of $\mathcal C,\mathcal D$ respectively, $T$ induces an isomorphism $\operatorname{Hom} (A,B) \cong \operatorname{Hom} (TA,TB)$.

Then, is there a special name for such $T$?

Thanks to everyone.


$T$ is called additive if the map $\mathrm{Hom}(A,B)\to \mathrm{Hom}(TA,TB)$ is a group homomorphism. $T$ is called fully faithful if the map $\mathrm{Hom}(A,B)\to \mathrm{Hom}(TA,TB)$ is a bijection. So I would call such a functor a fully faithful additive functor.

  • $\begingroup$ Thank you very much for the answer. $\endgroup$ – IzumiEternal Feb 9 '17 at 7:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.