Is there some some standard notation for denoting discrete functions (say $f^{d}(x)$ to distinguish them from (their) continuous (counterpart) functions (say $f^{c}(x)$)?

  • $\begingroup$ Not that I know of.. Usually it is inferred from the rule of the function itself. $\endgroup$ – yoyostein Dec 9 '16 at 10:39
  • $\begingroup$ If it's the function that is "discrete" then the term "simple function" probably covers it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_function . If its the domain then I don't know. $\endgroup$ – Tom Collinge Dec 9 '16 at 11:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.