Is anyone familiar with this term?

From wikipedia:

An haz $F$ over a topological space $X$ gives for each open subset $U\subseteq X$ a set $F(U)$ with a "richer" structure $[\cdots]$.

Haces are used in topology, algebraic geometry and differencial geometry, whenever we want to retain the algebraic information that varies with each open set of the given geometrical object.

Keep in mind I translated those bits as correctly as I could.


  • $\begingroup$ Looks like it means 'sheaf' $\endgroup$ Mar 18, 2016 at 2:53
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Haz: es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teor%C3%ADa_de_haces Sheaf: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheaf_(mathematics) Same thing. $\endgroup$ Mar 18, 2016 at 2:55
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ It is a sheaf, and for future reference you can click "otras idiomas" on the left to view the page in other languages $\endgroup$
    – pancini
    Mar 18, 2016 at 2:58
  • $\begingroup$ @ElliotG Oh, I was not aware of that at all, thanks! Thank you Henry and enth. $\endgroup$ Mar 18, 2016 at 3:00
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ If fibracion is bundle then what is fibration? $\endgroup$ Mar 18, 2016 at 3:08

1 Answer 1


Haz = Sheaf.

Fibrado = Bundle (as in “fibrado vectorial”, vector bundle).

YoTengoUnLCD = IHaveAnLCD.

  • $\begingroup$ As far as I know, “stalk“ is translated as “fibra”; for fibration, I think it's translated as “fibración”, but I'd have to check. $\endgroup$ Mar 19, 2016 at 13:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.