I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask and even if it is, I'm well aware it is a bit of a stretch, but anyways:

I'm looking for the article "Asymptotic properties of robust generalized M-estimates for the first order autoregressive parameter" from 1976 (or 1977) by R.D. Martin and J. Jong (sometimes also cited as J. de Jong). The catch is that it seems to only be availabe in the form of a Bell Labs Technical Memo and I haven't been able to find it online or as physical copy anywhere. I also tried sending an email to the author I was able to find (Prof. Martin, the other author seems to have left the academic world), but unfortunately did not receive a response.

The article has 20 citations, some of them quite recent even, so I'm hoping that for some miraculous reason somebody here might be able to help me out. Thanks in advance.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Try this: Snail mail to Martin a self-addressed and stamped (with sufficient postage) envelope along with your request. Also, briefly explain why you are interested in the paper. For what it's worth, I got a photocopy (with a short personal note) of an old (early 1960s) locally published (and probably unavailable outside of Harvard University) paper from Andrew M. Gleason by doing something like this back in 1994 or 1995. $\endgroup$ – Dave L. Renfro Jan 26 '16 at 21:14
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately I'm not even in the US and I'm afraid the introduction of oversea mail to this approach pretty much reduces the probability of succeeding to 0. $\endgroup$ – bhz Jan 27 '16 at 15:35
  • $\begingroup$ @bhz there is an article that looks what you are after: check out sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780124381506500169 if you are a student you may be able to get access via your university library, or at least make use of inter library loans. $\endgroup$ – jim Mar 21 '16 at 0:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.