Let's say I have a set of $n$ functions of $m$ variables: $$f_1(x_1,x_2,\ldots,x_m),f_2(x_1,x_2,\ldots,x_m),\ldots,f_n(x_1,x_2,\ldots,x_m)$$

Is there a notation that represents $(f_1 \circ f_2 \circ \cdots \circ f_n)(x_1,x_2,\ldots,x_m)$?

Basically, is there an equivalent of $\sum$, $\prod$, $\bigcup$, etc. for function composition? I have looked at several other threads on this site regarding this, but I have not found one containing a definite answer that satisfies me.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.