I know how to write the composition of two functions: $f\circ g$ but I don't know whether there's a standard symbol for a sequence (similar to $\sum_i{f_i}$, $\prod_i{f_i}$ or $\bigotimes_i{f_i}$, etc.).

How would you write it?

edit: Would you understand $\bigcirc_i{f_i}$ without explanation?


marked as duplicate by MJD, user147263, dustin, Johanna, Daniel W. Farlow Mar 20 '15 at 2:35

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Probably better is: math.stackexchange.com/questions/926247/… $\endgroup$ – MJD Mar 19 '15 at 23:36
  • $\begingroup$ But I'd like to add that if you insert a one-sentence explanation of your notation, it won't matter if anyone can understand it without explanation. $\endgroup$ – MJD Mar 20 '15 at 0:01
  • $\begingroup$ Many thanks, sorry for the duplicate. $\endgroup$ – Francis Colas Mar 20 '15 at 7:33
  • $\begingroup$ No apology is necessary, everything went the way it is supposed to go. $\endgroup$ – MJD Mar 20 '15 at 15:11