The basic measurements are, well, basic:

A line had Length
A square has Area
A cube has Volume

But my question is simply, what goes in the ?s in the next list?

A tesseract has ?
A penteract has ?
A ? has ?

Do anybody know? I'm sort of lost. Can't find anything on the Internet.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ As a side note, the 4th dimensional analogue of "up" and "down" is "ana" and "kata". These terms was coined by Charles Hinton. I thought this might interest you, but decided to write it in a comment since it doesn't directly answer your question. $\endgroup$ Dec 5, 2014 at 11:44
  • $\begingroup$ @Guri Interesting. $\endgroup$
    – warspyking
    Dec 5, 2014 at 12:03

1 Answer 1


There is no agreed-upon term for the 4D analogue of Volume.

Mathematicians would either use "4D-Volume" or "Hypervolume", the latter being the term they'll use for any number of dimensions above 3.

  • $\begingroup$ Alright can you answer the other part in the question? What comes after the penteract? $\endgroup$
    – warspyking
    Dec 5, 2014 at 12:03

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .