Chemist turned biochemist turned software engineer.
- First language: PDP-11 assembly
- Favorite language: C++14/1z (with boost)
- 1996: scientific software (phys. chemistry)
- 2000: OS development (hard real-time/military)
- 2002: scientific research (biochem)
- 2005: real-time C++ (transportation/city infrastructure)
- 2012: large scale C++ (finance)
Biggest peeve: people who claim to teach C++ but instead propagate nonsense like
- "arrays are pointers" (or, even worse, "const pointers")
- Google C++ Style Guide (see my linkedin post for details)
- The FQA
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.