Ciro Santilli 六四事件 法轮功 纳米比亚 威视
The Chinese characters on my username are taboo keywords for the Chinese Dictatorship. They mean:
- 六四事件: Tiananmen square protests of 1989
- 法轮功: Falun Gong. I don't believe in it.
- 纳米比亚胡 威视: Namibia + Nuctech (company), 2009 corruption scandal with Hu Haifeng, son of ex-president Hu Jintao
Why I'm doing this: in March 2015, my girlfriend's mother was kept 15 days in prison without trial or accusation
My goals: make the Great Firewall of China GFW block Stack Overflow pages where I have posted, in order to make Chinese programmers:
- mad and demand direct elections, freedom of speech and human rights
- talk to me, so I can gather pro-freedom contacts and better understand China: Twitter or Github. Public contact preferred, even if anonymous. If you really need privacy, ciro.santilli.contact [at] gmail.com
- less efficient and work less well for the Dictatorship
I am against violence.
I'm am sorry if this affects you negatively personally. I love China and its people. But I believe that it is the best in the long run. Your government exploits and lies to you way more than democracies do.
A funny effect of this is that if people @ mention you, then they also end up saying the taboo words.
If you know words that are even more likely to get blocked, please let me know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_blacklisted_keywords_in_China contains a nice list. My personal favorites (some are just funny and silly): 共匪, 共惨党, 红色恐怖, 达赖
I am also gathering interesting information at: https://github.com/cirosantilli/china-dictatorship
- http://stackoverflow.com/users/1009479 said on his profile: "GFW (Great Firewall of China) is one of the most notorious inventions in the history of Internet. Anyone working for it should be ashamed"
- http://stackoverflow.com/users/1801697 , uses the Lego Tiananmen as his profile picture: https://www.flickr.com/photos/balakov/2377782949
Discussions that came out of this: https://github.com/cirosantilli/china-dictatorship/blob/master/stack-overflow.md#discussions).