Take the 2-minute tour ×
Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I made an alternative to the Fibonacci Series which helps fix a mathematical flaw I discovered. I would like to publish this to a Math Journal. Where do I start?

What Journal, and how to publish?

Note, I did not post my topic for dispute, just so you would know the category. Please just help me. Thanks.

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by Bill Cook, Grumpy Parsnip, J. M., Nate Eldredge, Zev Chonoles Jan 13 '12 at 3:45

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I do not think that this question is appropriate on this forum - not according the the guidelines in the FAQs. So -1 –  Sam Jan 13 '12 at 0:26
What's the flaw? –  Emre Jan 13 '12 at 0:31
Care to share what you have discovered? –  Samuel Reid Jan 13 '12 at 0:44
Your sequence may have been discovered before. Check out The Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (oeis.org) first. –  Joel Reyes Noche Jan 13 '12 at 0:53
A sequence is not typically a sufficient thing to publish in a journal. Go look at some journal articles to see what I mean. They typically consist of mathematical proofs. So do you have a new theorem to share, or something deep to prove about your new sequence? Otherwise journal publication is probably not the right course for you. –  Grumpy Parsnip Jan 13 '12 at 1:08

1 Answer 1

up vote 7 down vote accepted

There is the The Fibonacci Quarterly and the Journal of Integer Sequences but make sure you have something worth publishing...

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.