- Is the minimal polynomial of a linear transformation equal to that of its matrix representation on some basis?
- One of my textbooks on linear algebra defines eigenvalues and eigenvectors in terms of minimal polynomials, while the other textbooks define them in terms of characteristic polynomials. What is good about defining them in terms of minimal polynomials?
- Why are minimal polynomials important?
- Anybody can ask a question
- Anybody can answer
- The best answers are voted up and rise to the top