I am making a game where you want a skill value to modify some in game values. With a scale that goes from half to double. 50% to 200%. If I'd do it linear 125% will be the centre but I want the centre to be 100%.
I want a mathematical function:
- Where I input and number from 0 to 100.
- And get out a number from 0.5 to 2 or from 50% to 200%.
- The function maps 0 to 0.5.
- The function maps 50 to 1.
- The function maps 100 to 2.
- And I would like it to follow a logarithmic scale.
- I do not care what happens outside the specified range.
I have made this Google Docs document which shows my plan B.
I hope someone out there can help me this has been a mathematical problem that has bugged me for years.