Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am writing a paper and looking for a function.Its shape is just like this:enter image description here

when its x value is very small ,its y is close to 0 , but when x value is a little big, then its y value is very close to 1.

Anyone can tell me ?

share|cite|improve this question
$\tanh x$ (hyperbolic tangent) and $\operatorname{erf} x$ (error function) both have shapes like this. – Antonio Vargas Jul 8 '14 at 3:46
What paper is it about? Why are you looking for such function? – Gina Jul 8 '14 at 4:12

function = Amplitude(1 - Exp[-x/(constant)])

Keep amplitude=1 and adjust constant as per ur need

Look at growth function such as in RC circuit

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.