`Here is the necessary information:
A file contains:
- A header of size of h bits
- Data component of size d bits
- There is a probability b that a bit will be dropped (ruining the file)
The connection can support a maximum of c bits/second
I need to:
- Calculate the probability a file will be ruined. Already did this: (1-b)^(h+d)
- Compute the throughput over the link. (h remains the same size, so what is the optimal value for d?)
I'm having problems coming up with a function to model the number of files being sent through. If I could do that, I think it would be simple to maximize it.
Any help is appreciated.