Sign up ×
Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there a standard name for a partition of a set in which every block (i.e. the subsets comprising the partition) has the same size? Regular? Uniform? Something else? Nothing else (so I'm free to make up my own)?

share|cite|improve this question
This paper uses the term uniform: – Srivatsan Sep 16 '11 at 2:53
I've seen $k$-subset partition being used... – J. M. Sep 16 '11 at 2:55
Apparently, the term $k$-regular could mean something very different: and (Note: I have no experience with this field. I just picked the top results from google.) – Srivatsan Sep 16 '11 at 2:58

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.