Sign up ×
Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Given an equation of the form $a/b=c$, how do you move $a$, the numerator, over to the other side so that you get $b =c?$ (where $?$ denotes my ignorance of what the right side should look like).

share|cite|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 12 down vote accepted

$$\begin{align*} a/b &= c\\ a &= bc\\ b &= a/c \end{align*}$$

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.