I am planing to suggest founding Mathematics Club in next fall.
Here is my attempt for first prototype:
-Sources: films(such as Dimensions), interactive stimulation for some mathematical ideas(like game of life), dynamical bibliography[Suggested reading](an expandable bibliography,Anyone can add to it), tricks guide(an expandable guide, anyone can add nice trick that helped him).
-Activities: meeting Theorem of the week(weekly), translate an expository article and publish it in University newspaper(monthly), Launch party.
- Any other ideas, or improvements?
- Creating a club does worth the effort ? , or Should I drop the whole idea ?
- -There is no clubs in mathematics department.
- -There are few students specialised in mathematics comparing to other departments, such as electrical engineering(So, most of the burden on me).
- -I apologize for my bad english(I'd appreciate any editing)
================================================================================== Update: I found this page from MAA,
Ever wonder what math clubs at other institutions are doing? This site will help you find out, as well as let you share your best ideas for keeping math club meetings fresh and fun.