Here's the method I used for this search. Most of the time, it works; although I kept hitting dead ends in this case :( , I hope that similar methods might help people wishing to do journal searches.
One particularly good search engine I use when presented with the name of a journal is JournalSeek. (There is also OJOSE, but I've personally found it cumbersome to use.) In this case, typing
expositiones mathematicae netted this page, which links to the archives of Elsevier.
If I hadn't known about the exact name of the journal and only had the abbreviation Exposition. Math. to start with, I'd have used JAS. (The ads are bothersome, sure, but it's free!) This nets me the name I can now give to JournalSeek.
Most of the time, I get to the paper's source with this approach. Unfortunately, our luck runs out here upon looking at ScienceDirect, since only volumes 19 and onward are in digital format. :( (Maybe somebody can bug Elsevier to finish digitizing their archives for this journal... ;) )
So the publisher's site was a dead end. We try searching for web pages of the authors. Some legwork through Google netted this page and this page for Moree. His coauthor, Cazaran, does not seem to have a current web page, even after I tried searching under her new surname, Vertigan. LinkedIn points to her being at LSU, but she does not have a web page there.
Proceeding with Moree's home page, his new home page gives a PDF listing his complete work, but nothing before 2000. Checking his old page links to a page where the required article might be, but we luck out here and the link's kaput. As a last resort, we try checking the Wayback Machine, in the hopes that their crawler managed to grab something before that page went kaput. We see here the page, and it looks as if there used to be a DVI of that paper. Unfortunately the links to the DVI here do not work. (Most times, though, the Wayback Machine manages to grab PDF/PS/DVI/whatever files, unless a
robots.txt file with the appropriate lines was in place.)
So, this particular paper chase ended up as a wash, but the tools I have linked to above have been particularly helpful in most other cases.