Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've been trying to find a geometry library for java which is as high level as describing angles between adjacent sides of triangles given 3 sides. So, what do we call such kind of arcs. In many geometry books we see arcs describing the angle between edges of triangle and squares for right angles. What are the formal terms for them. Because, I failed to search google successfully due to the insufficiency of vocabulary lately. I need the terminology to search for java library. I don't know if my question fits here but any body used such libraries in java here, perhaps some of you might have involved in math projects. Picture depicts what I wanted... enter image description here

Any help would be appreciated...

share|cite|improve this question
Sometimes they are called the interior angles of the triangle. – André Nicolas May 25 '13 at 8:40

Referring to a software, Geometer's Sketchpad, it may be called angle marker.

However, I'm not sure if there's any formal terminology for this.

share|cite|improve this answer
+1 useful answer – pinkpanther May 25 '13 at 8:39

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.