Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking at a specific type of graph, and my google-fu has failed me. The graph $G$ is a connected unweighted directed graph where for each pair of vertices $(u,v) \in G$ the shortest path from $u$ to $v$ is unique.

What is such a graph called?

share|cite|improve this question
Geodetic?… answers this question anyhow! – Sharkos May 8 '13 at 15:38
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Yes, such graphs are apparently referred to as geodetic graphs, as in My first guess was geodesic, so I wasn't far off.

Elsewhere on the internet, USP seems to be used as an obvious acronym.

share|cite|improve this answer
Perfect, thanks! – Foo Barrigno May 8 '13 at 16:17

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.