I'm having a great deal of difficulty in doing translations from English sentences to first order logic with multiple quantifiers. The process of breaking them apart is killing me. I'm looking to see if you could please help me in some of the thought processes that you go through in doing these translations.
Here are a few example sentences:
- Every dodec is as large as every tet.
- If a tet is right of a cube but not in back of it, then it is as large as the cube.
- No dodec with nothing to its left is between two dodecs.
- The only large tets are b and c.
- At most b and c are large tets.
I was able to get the fifth one down:
∀x((Large(x) ∧ Tet(x)) → (x = b ∨ x = c))