Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If I am having cycle graphs for example $G_1, G_2, G_3$. then how can I phrase union and intersection of adjoining graphs (i.e. having at least one common node with other) in mathematical notations.

For example if I want to do $G_1 \cup G_2$ or $G_2 \cup G_3$ and $G1 \cap G_2$ or $G_2 \cap G_3$.

So, I want to phrase these intersection and union with common variables with mathematical notations (except $G_1, G_2, G_3$).

Here, is my example figure:

enter image description here

share|cite|improve this question
I have tried to improve the readability of your question by introducing Tex. It is possible that I unintentionally changed the meaning of your question. Please proofread the question to ensure this has not happened. – A.P. Apr 17 '13 at 10:53
@A.P: its look fine now. thanks – niro Apr 18 '13 at 1:22

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.