Take the 2-minute tour ×
Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. It's 100% free, no registration required.


$$ H(k,n)=2\sum_{i=1}^{n-1}\left\lfloor\frac{ki}{n}\right\rfloor\;. $$

We can prove that $H(k,n)=nk-k-n+\gcd(k,n)$. Does this $H$ carry some known name?

share|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.