I need to draw a great circle arc between two latitude and longitude points.
For sake of example we will use the coordinates for LAX and JFK.
- JFK is 40.64°N / 73.78°W
- LAX is 33.94°N / 118.41°W
My function for drawing an arc requires me to get:
- The center point of the circle.
- The radius of the circle.
- The start angle of the circle.
- The end angle of the circle.
By definitions here, I can figure out every point on the arc. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to find those 4 particular variables.