Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have two columns, User and Test Score.

Basically, I want to graph a sort of bell curve like chart.

The left side of the graph is the minimum score value, the right side is the maximum score value. X[] represents the number of slices between (linear).

Y(X[0]) would be the number of test scores that fall between X[0] and X[1]. It is sort of like a bell curve but it wouldn't be smooth unless there were a lot of points in between.

So two questions: 1) Is there a name of this graph? 2) Is it possible to do this with excel :-)?

Thanks in advance!

share|cite|improve this question

You are thinking of a histogram.

This functionality can be attained in Excel using the Column Chart type.

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.