Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Every even integer can be expressed as the difference of two primes?

there is one conjecture that I do not know what they are called. This is:

Every even number can be always written as the difference between two prime numbers. Could you please help me to know what it is called?


share|cite|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Graphth, Chris Eagle, Emily, ncmathsadist, tomasz Nov 1 '12 at 22:08

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Do you mean difference of two prime numbers or sum of two prime numbers. – Graphth Nov 1 '12 at 19:44
Answered in the comments here:… – Dejan Govc Nov 1 '12 at 20:13

Polignac's conjecture is what you want. It goes further, stating that there are infinately many prime gaps of size $n$ for every even integer $n$.

share|cite|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.