Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

ABC circle sector turns on ground (x axis) as shown in the figure. A is the center of the circle. $\angle{OAB}=\angle{OAC}=\alpha $



The corners meet on point $H$ in the limit points. What is the curve equation $f(x)$ that passing from $P',P,P''$ Thanks for answers

share|cite|improve this question
How is it moving? You may look for the cycloid curve. – Berci Oct 3 '12 at 21:09
@Berci Thanks for the link.It is similiar to Cycloid but turning point in circle in my question, not on circle. – Mathlover Oct 3 '12 at 21:13
up vote 1 down vote accepted

This is a curtate cycloid. Refer to

share|cite|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.